Kebbi Gov Idris hails Tinubu for facilitating rescue of abducted Kebbi schoolgirls 

Governor Nasir Idris of Kebbi State has hailed President Bola Tinubu for putting machinery in place that led to the rescue of all the 24 schoolgirls abducted from Government Girls’ Comprehensive Secondary School, Maga in Danko-Wasagu Local Government Area of the state.

Governor Idris who disclosed this on Tuesday night during a special press conference in Birnin Kebbi said the freed girls had been rescued unharmed, assuring that they were all in good health and were on their way to the state capital.

“Let me seize this opportunity on behalf of the good people of Kebbi to commend President Bola Tinubu for his concern for Kebbi.

“Because since the abduction, Mr President has been up and doing to ensure that these girls were rescued unharmed.

“Similarly, I want to thank the security agencies, comprising; the military, the police, Department of State Security Service (DSS), Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) and all other security agencies for being alive to their responsibilities,” he said.

Idris noted with joy that the security agencies didn’t take Mr President’s order lightly since the abduction of the girls, adding that they had been following what’s happening professionally to do the needful.

He assured that the families of the affected victims were on their way to Birnin Kebbi, the state capital for formal takeover of their children on Wednesday.

The governor also commended clerics and all other individuals who spent day and night praying for the safe return of the abducted schoolgirls. (NAN)

Related Articles