The Special squad of the Inspector General of Police has arrested and paraded notorious criminals involved in high profile kidnapping and armed robbery cases in the Kogis axis.
The implementation of Security Arrangement directed by Inspector General of Police,(IGP), Ibrahim K. Idris for the Christmas and New Year period and beyond has been yielding positive results.
In order to add new impetus to the fight against kidnapping, armed robbery and other violent crimes in Kogi State, the IGP deployed Intelligence Response Team for the arrest of Kidnap for Ransom Kingpin, with the personnel of Kogi State Command to expand the operation and to ensure the arrest of all the suspects involved in various kidnap cases in Kogi State.
The IGP mandated the joint team to root out kidnappers in Kogi State and other contiguous states such Edo, Benue, Kwara, Enugu and FCT.
The IGP-Intelligence Response Team and Kogi State Police Command, working on actionable intelligence and in compliance with IGP’S directives to clamp down on highway robbers and kidnappers have arrested the gang responsible for the unfortunate Kidnapping and killing of a Portuguese Expatriate attached to Dangote Group and Two (2) Mobile Policemen attached to him in Kogi State.
The suspects mentioned below were apprehended in their various hideouts in the forest and other locations along the Abuja-Lokoja-kabba highways.
The suspects arrested confessed to their various criminal roles in the crimes and admitted to have carried out several kidnappings-armed robberies attacks on innocent travellers on the Kogi-Kabaja roads including some high profile kidnap for Ranson in Edo, Delta, Oyo and Ogun States.
Investigation is ongoing to arrest other members of the gangs at large. The suspects will be arraigned in Court for prosecution on completion of investigation.
1st Gang – Kidnap for Ransom/Armed Robbery Gang
1) Yahaya Bello a.k.a Halti
2) Bello Tukur a.k.a Gwojor 27yrs – Gang Leader that led the Gang that kidnapped and killed the Portuguese Expatriate
3) AMINU Adamu a.k.a Kashi 35yrs,
4) Abubakar Bello a.k.a Babangida 23yrs,
5) Bello HASSAN a.k.a Nasara 35yrs
6) Umar Isiaka a.k.a Baddi aged 25years
7) Abdulkadir Abubakar a.k.a Nagari aged 32years
8) Sanusi Saleh aged 22years
9) Abubakar Hassan a.k.a Kadel aged 34years
10) Shede Zekeri aged 25yrs
2nd Gang – Cattle Rustling Syndicate
11) Adamu Garba aged 23yrs
12) Adamu Bello ‘M’ confessed to have participated in the killing of one Haruna Baso of Achoze carted his cattle
13) GOMA HAMZA ‘M’ AGED 26YRS
14) ISAH USMAN ABARBA ‘M’ AGED 20YRS
15) Abdulkareem Idi aged 30yrs
3rd Gang – Kidnap for Ransom/Armed Robbery Syndicate
16) Abdulwahab Idi aged 22yrs
17) Umoru adamu aged 21yrs
18) DANIEL MUSA ‘M’ AGED 24YRS
19) JUNIOR ADAMS ‘M’ AGED 23YRS
20) SANUSI SUFYANU ‘M’ AGED 26YRS
4th Gang – Kidnap for Ransom/Armed Robbery Syndicate
21) USMAN MUSA ‘M’ AGED 30YRS
22) LUKMAN ABDULSALAM ‘M’ AGED 34YRS
23) MUSA YAHAYA BELLO ‘M’ AGED 35YRS
24) ISMALLA MOMOH ‘M’ AGED 34YRS
25) OCHEFIJE ALHAJI ‘M’ 23YRS
5th Gang – Armed Robbery Syndicate
26) ABUH ALI ‘M’ 25YRS
27) Obinna Okpai aged 29yrs
28) Lawrence uchegbu aged 45yrs
29) Chinwale Chima age 34yrs
30) Chinedu Obi a.k.a Obison
1. Eleven (11) AK47 Riffles
2. Two (2) Beretta English Pistol
3. Two (2) Revolver Pistol
4. Three Hundred and Thirty Four (334) 7.56mm AK47 Ammunitions
5. Six (6) Rounds 9mm Beretta Ammunitions
6. one (1) cut to size locally made Revolver Gun
7. Two (2) Locally made Pistol
8. Fifty Four (54) rustled cattle
9. Pairs of suspected fake military uniform