Ekiti State Governor-elect, Dr KayodeFayemi, has released a list of eminent citizens of the state that will serve in the Governorship Transition Committee, charged with the responsibility ofliaising with the outgoing administration for a smooth transition ahead of the October 16th take off date of the new government in the state.
The 32-member committee is headed by a former member of the National Assembly, Senator OlubunmiAdetunmbi as chairman, while a former Chairman of Ijero Local Government Council, Hon AbiodunOmoleye will serve as deputy Chair. A former Permanent Secretary in the state’s civil service, Mr AyodejiAjayi, is the secretary of the committee.
The Committee is to be known as the Ekiti State 2018 JKF/APC Governorship Transition Committee.
In a statement signed by the Special Adviser on Media to the Governor-elect, Mr Yinka Oyebode, the inauguration of the Governorship Transition Committee will hold at the Conference Hall, AB Hotels, Ado-Ekiti, on Wednesday, July 25th, by 12 noon.
Members of the Governorship Transition Committee, Ekiti State are:
- Senator OlubunmiAdetunmbi – Chairman
- Hon. AbiodunOmoleye – Deputy Chairman
- Dr. (Mrs) Moji YayaKolade – Member
- Prof. Eddy Olanipekun -Member
- Chief RopoAdesanya- Member
- Dr. Dare Ojo – Member
- Prof. Tale Omole – Member
- Hon. OlubunmiOriniowo- Member
- Mr.TundeOlatunde – Member
- Mr.DeboRantiAjayi- Member
- Mr. Ade Omonijo- Member
- AlhajiAfolabiOgunlayi- Member
- Barrister Wale Fapohunda- Member
- Mr.DapoKolawole- Member
- Chief Kola Akosile -Member
- Mr. Phillip Amujo- Member
- Barrister Paul Omotosho -Member
- Chief TaiwoOlatunbosun -Member
- Engr. TundeAlabi-Member
- Mr.AbiodunOyebanji -Member
- Prof. (Mrs.) Francesca Aladejana -Member
- Mr.SeyiAiyeleso -Member
- Dr. (Mrs.) AyeniAgbaje -Member
- Mr. Ayo Owolabi -Member
- Mrs.Folusho Olaniyan -Member
- Alhaja S. Badmus -Member
- Mrs. Sola Salako-Ajulo -Member
- Mr.EyitayoFabunmi -Member
- Mrs.ToyosiOmope -Member
- Hon. BunmiAkinniyi -Member
- Hon. Seyi Shittu -Member
- Mr.Ayodeji Ajayi -Member/Secretary
The Terms of Reference of the committee members include:
* Develop a clear framework for liaison and establish clear channels of formal communications with the outgoing administration for the purposes of a smooth transition.
* Review and make preliminary assessment of the fiscal position of government with particular emphasis on:
– Status of assets and liabilities of government.
– Status of implementation of the 2018 Appropriation
– Revenue & cash flow position of government.
– Public debt profile of government and their deployment.
– Salary arrears due to all public-sector workers and pensioners.
* Determine the status of public procurement of government with particular emphasis on:
-. Government’s on-going and outstanding contractual obligations.
* To receive handover documents from Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government, with a view to understanding the most important operational, regulatory and/or urgent issues confronting the incoming administration, in order to guide the fine-tuning and prioritisation of programmes and policies in the incoming administration’s governance agenda.
* Interface with various stakeholders’ groups such as Labour Unions, Traditional Rulers; Academia; Religious Bodies; Transport Workers; Market Men and Women; Artisans; Professionals; Farmers CDAs; etc; with a view to ascertaining their expectations of the incoming administration.
* The committee shall submit its final report by Friday, September 7, 2018.