The former acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu, may have met his waterloo suddenly due to the way he handled the case involving former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Madueke.
Magu who was quizzed before his suspension may have incurred the wrath of the Presidency due to the slow pace of bringing the former Minister to justice.
The former chairman was yesterday detained at the Force CID building after been whisked away by operatives of the Department of State Security (DSS), early Monday.
The EFCC boss, who also appeared before a Presidential Investigative Panel on Anti-corruption chaired by Justice Ayo Salami, at the Villa yesterday, has been slammed with several allegations from the memo submitted by the Attorney General of the Federation and the Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami.
The ten major allegations against Magu as compiled by PRNigeria are listed below:
- Insubordination to the Office of the AGF
2. Alleged ‘relooting of recovered loots’ and Sale of seized assets to cronies, associates and friends
- Alleged favouritism towards selected EFCC investigators called the ‘Magu Boys’ for ‘juicy’ assignments
- Alleged leakages of investigative reports that were prejudicial to some cases to some selected media
- Alleged discrepancies in the reconciliation records of the EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Finance on recovered funds
- Alleged declaration of N539b as recovered funds instead of N504b earlier claimed
- Not providing enough concrete evidences against some suspects including on Diezani Alison-Madueke for her extradition
- Reporting some judges to their presiding officers without deferring to the AGF
- Late action on the investigation of P&ID leading to legal disputes
- Not respecting court order to unfreeze a N7b judgment in favour of a former executive director of a bank. PRNigeria